Welcome to The Georgia Coroners Association Web Site
This Organization shall be known as the Georgia Coroners Association.
The purposes for which this organization has been formed are:
- To secure a closer official and personal relationship among Coroners and Deputy Coroners.
- To secure unity of action in matter’s relating to the Coroner’s duties.
- To elevate the standards of the Office of Coroner in each county.
- To promote the adoption of more scientific methods for detection of crime.
- To recommend desirable changes in the present state statues relating to the duties of the Office of Coroner and to promote legislation which is deemed desirable.
- To foster good cooperation between Coroners and other Law Enforcement Officials.
- To promote a better understanding with the public respecting the nature of services rendered by Coroners of the State of Georgia.
The Georgia Coroner Association maintains a current listing of all the Coroners and Deputy Coroners for the State of Georgia. For you convenience, you may browse a list of counties to find your Coroner or use our click-able map.
Edgar Perry, Chairman, Coroner, Turner County
Richard Stanley, Vice Chairman, Coroner, Laurens County
Gary McElhenney, Coroner, Putnam County
Earl Darby, Coroner, Cherokee County
Ralph Wilson, Coroner, Butts County